Who is a Registered Dietitian (RD)* OR Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDN)*?
Registered Dietitians (RD)* or Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDN)* are individuals who have
- completed the minimum of a Baccalaureate degree granted by a U.S. regionally accredited college or university, or foreign equivalent;
- met current minimum academic requirements (Didactic Program in Dietetics) as approved by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics;
- completed a supervised practice program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics;
- successfully completed the Registration Examination for Dietitians;
- remitted the annual registration fee;
- complied with the Professional Development Portfolio (PDP) recertification requirements
Code of Ethics for the Profession of Dietetics
Ethics Complaints and Violations
Online Credential Verification Search
Current Registration Statistics
*Please note the RDN and RD are two credential designation options for one certification program. Practitioners may choose to use one or the other. For more information, click here.