Individuals with Foreign Degrees—DTR Credential

Each country has their own credentialing agency with policies and procedures that an individual must comply with to meet registration eligibility requirements and become credentialed in that country. Individuals who want to be credentialed as a DTR in the US must comply with our eligibility and examination requirements.

If your degree is from outside the US, you are required to have your transcript evaluated by an approved Foreign Degree Evaluation Agency. A detailed course-by-course evaluation is recommended. After receiving your evaluation report, you will contact the program director of an ACEND accredited Dietetic Technician (DT) program or Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) to request they review your transcript and foreign degree evaluation report. They will determine to what degree your prior learning meets current requirements and counsel you regarding any additional coursework necessary to complete their program requirements.