CDR New RD Nominee Biographical Information
To submit your nomination email completed documents to email@example.com, or fax the following items to 312/899-4772.
Participants in the nominations process commit to the following statements:
- I support CDR's purpose, mission and vision.
- I acknowledge that a decision to decline a nomination is not public information and will not be disclosed.
- I understand that individuals are discouraged from vacating an elected office to serve in another elected office, whether at the DPG or affiliate level.
- I understand that an individual serving in a nationally appointed position is not eligible to be considered for the national Academy ballot where terms of service would overlap.
Failure to honor these statements may result in the withdrawal of my name from the nomination process.
A newly credential registered dietitian is defined as a registered dietitian who was initially registered by CDR between June 1, 2018 and April 1, 2019.
Nominees should possess demonstrated leadership qualities and knowledge of credentialing requirements for the nutrition and dietetics profession. Nominees should be strategically oriented.
Recommended Skill Sets
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Encourages and promotes diversity.
- Builds a network of relationships and resources.
- Demonstrates organizational and management skills.
- Provide the newly credentialed practitioner perspective to CDR on certification and recertification issues.
- Commit to team decision-making and accomplishment of CDR's strategic plan.
- Demonstrate objectivity in advising, counseling and working with the Commission.
- Exhibit skills in consensus building.
- Act and advocate in all appropriate ways before the public, the profession and educational entities, and all levels of government to encourage and achieve the highest standards in the practice of dietetics.
- Establish and evaluate standards, policies and procedures for the certification program including registration eligibility, examination development and recertification.
- Establish fees and provide for responsible fiscal planning and control for the administration of the certification program.
- Establish policies and guidelines for the administration of the appeals process.
- Assist CDR Chair in the appointment of committees and task forces to assist the Commission in its program of work.
This position will be appointed for a two-year term beginning June 1, 2019 and ending May 31, 2021. Time requirement including travel, meeting days and teleconferences is approximately 20 days per year. Employer support in advance is encouraged.
Need Help? Contact Christine Reidy, Executive Director, CDR at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800/877-1600 ext 4857 if you have any questions. CDR is committed to providing leadership opportunities for all groups and promoting diversity within the organization. Please provide your demographic information to help us achieve our goal.
The Commission will meet in early May to make the newly credentialed practitioner appointment to CDR. All applicants will be notified by telephone and mail by May 15, 2019.
Please complete the Nominee Biographical Information Form and fax it to 312/899-4772 or submit as a scanned PDF document to email@example.com along with your resume by April 23, 2019. Receipt of applications will be acknowledged within 24 hours. If you do not receive documentation of receipt, please contact us at 312/899-4849.