Prepare, expand and enhance with CDR's new comprehensive obesity interventions training program featuring interactive sessions and evidence-based techniques.
The Certificate of Training in Obesity Interventions for Adults has been designed to create an adaptive, application-focused experience for the attendees while maintaining the high standards for rigor and quality of all CDR programs. Learn More
Prepare yourself to better assist your clients in their
weight management journey.
Expand your leadership knowledge to help advance
your weight management practice.
Enhance your knowledge in the evolving climate of
weight management strategies.
The new training will have three distinct phases:
Steps to earn the certificate:
- Required successful completion of pre-work materials and assessment test that will prepare you for the face-to-face training, focusing on foundational concepts in weight management science and evidence-based practice.
- The face-to-face training will focus on experiential learning activities and will develop your critical thinking and problem-solving skillset. Successful completion of a take-home post-test is required to earn your certificate.
- Post-workshop, participants will have the option to develop personal practices to enhance the knowledge gained from the pre-work materials and face-to-face training into every day practice.
- Register for a certificate program.
- Read pre-work materials which include research articles, resources and activities.
- Pass multiple choice pre-test with a minimum score of 80%. The questions are based on the pre-work readings. You may retake the pre-test as often as necessary to obtain a passing score.
- Attend a 2 day on-site workshop where you can learn and network with peers.
- Pass a take-home multiple choice post-test with a minimum score of 80%. The questions are based on the on-site presentations and pre-work readings. Individuals who do not pass the post-test will be awarded the CPE hours but not the certificate. This test can only be taken ONE time.
Effective October 2018, a total of 52 CPE hours will be awarded to the Certificate of Training in Obesity Interventions for Adults
-38 hours for pre-work online course
-14 hours for the face-to-face collaborative learning session
March 14-15, 2019
St. Louis, Missouri
April 12-13, 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina
June 21-22, 2019
Long Beach, California
*Registration for the 2019 programs will open in January 2019.
- Download Brochure
Click here to view the collaborative learning session biographies.
Click here for a list of competencies and learning need codes to use in logging CPE hours.
Program participants can earn additonal CPE hours by completing the elective modules. Click here for a list of those modules.
Click here for participant testimonials.
The Certificate of Training in Obesity Interventions for Adults program is a training program, not a certification program.
This certificate program is only open to Active, Student, International and Retired category members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and CDR credentialed practitioners — RDN™* RD™*, NDTR™** DTR™**. Program registrations will not be processed until these requirements have been verified.
As of October 2018, 431 participants have been awarded the Certificate of Training in Obesity Interventions for Adults. Click here for a list of recipients.
If you are unable to attend the onsite program, why not purchase and complete the Obesity Interventions for Adults Online Course.