View a recording of ‘Joint Accreditation – In the Know, in the Now’:
CDR CPE Accredited Providers are invited view ‘Joint Accreditation – In the Know, in the Now’, a non-CPE recorded webinar offering an introductory overview of Joint Accreditation.
Below are the resource links displayed at the end of the recorded presentation.
Joint Accreditation Resources:
Joint Accreditation Eligibility Requirements:
Joint Accreditation FAQ:
Joint Accreditation Video Resources:
- Effective June 1, 2020, the Commission on Dietetic Registration will no longer be accepting new CDR CPE Accredited Provider applications.
- As of July 1, 2020, the Commission on Dietetic Registration has become an associate member of Joint Accreditation for Interprofessional Continuing Education application process.
- For additional information on Joint Accreditation for Interprofessional Continuing Education, please click here.
- As of August 1, 2020, The Commission on Dietetic Registration is modifying the Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Database and Professional Development Portfolio (PDP) Activity Log to accomodate credit units in .25 CPEU (1/4 hour) increments and will have eliminated the .5 CPEU (1/2 hour) credit counting system. When entering future activities into the CPE database, please round up or down - see sample chart below.
- Please note that activities are typically required to be a minimum of one 60-minute contact hour in length. Exceptions include professional reading, poster presentations and exhibits, self-study activities, which can be a minimum of 0.5 CPEUs.
- Examples of when to round down:
|Total Time of Activity
|1 hour - 1 hour and 7 minutes
|1 hour 16 minutes - 1 hour 22 minutes
|1 hour 31 minutes - 1 hour 37 minutes
|1 hour 46 minutes - 1 hour 52 minutes
- Examples of when to round up:
|Total Time of Activity
|1 hour 8 minutes - 1 hour and 15 minutes
|1 hour 23 minutes - 1 hour 30 minutes
|1 hour 38 minutes - 1 hour 45 minutes
|1 hour 53 minutes - 2 hours
- The Commission on Dietetic Registration allows providers to include recorded lectures as part of a live webinar/lecture, as long as it meets the following criteria:
- All information presented meets the core content criteria
- The activity occurs at a designated time, followed by live question and answer
- The recorded activity immediately followed by a live question and answer includes the speaker/presenter(s) engaging with participants using discussion and/or chat box
- If the provider plans to offer the activity as a recording (activity type 175), the activity must first be submitted to CDR prior to the live activity as Type 171: live webinar.
- Once the activity is approved and occurs, it may be resubmitted to CDR for approval and offered as activity type 175: recorded pre-approved CPEU.
- Providers must include CDRs Critical Thinking Tool. CDR will implement this as required component of all prior approved self-study products and self-study products offered by CDR Accredited Providers effective for programs approved or re-approved on or after January 1, 2020.
- The CDR Competency Assurance Panel (CAP) has initiated an update of the current CDR Program Provider Accreditation yearly renewal process. Starting with CDR Accredited Providers whose renewal period is January 10, 2020 - March 31, 2020, all Providers will be required to complete the CPE Provider Accreditation Annual Report.
- Renewal Period of January 10, 2020 - March 31, 2020, click here
- Renewal Period of April 1, 2020 - June 30, 2020, click here
- Renewal period of July 1, 2020 - September 30, 2020, click here
- Renewal period of October 1, 2020 - December 31, 2020, click here
- CDR has revised the current continuing professional education approval criteria to require that all continuing professional education activity types* addressing diet and nutrition topics, include a CDR Credentialed RD or DTR in program planning. This policy change is effective for continuing professional activities offered on or after June 1, 2018 and for CDR credentialed practitioners recertifying beginning a new recertification cycle on or after June 2, 2018.
- *Academic Coursework, and CPE activities offered by American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS), American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP), American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), Organizations accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), Organizations accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), American Psychiatric Association (APA), American Psychological Association (APA), American Public Health Association (APHA), pharmacy, dentistry, and speech language pathology societies and associations are excluded from this requirement.