"We are positioned to take the lead in weight management. This certificate program will provide the needed training and support to help us meet this significant challenge."
Sachiko St. Jeor, PhD, RD, FADA,
University of Nevada School of Medicine
Click here to view what changes have been made by previous program participants after completing the program.
Over half of American adults are overweight or obese. A dietetics professional, trained to have a comprehensive knowledge of the field and management options, can enable long-term patient compliance and sustained success. This program is designed to produce providers of comprehensive weight management care who also know when and how to refer patients to other specialists. This certificate program is only open to Active, Student, International and Retired category members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and CDR credentialed practitioners — RDN™ and NDTR™. Program registrations will not be processed until these requirements have been verified.
Please click on the video below to view the testimonials.
The Certificate of Training Offers:
cutting edge information and skills shared by leading practitioners in the field
cases and exercises to allow hands-on experience
valuable resource materials and tools for immediate use and future reference
an opportunity to showcase your expertise by earning a Certificate of Training.
- 35 hours of continuing professional education.
- Prior approval has been obtained for this program from the American College of Sports Medicine's Professional Education Committee and certifies that the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics meets the criteria for officla ACSM Approved Provider status.
Steps to earn the certificate:
- Register for a certificate program.
- Read pre-work materials which include research articles, resources and activities. It has been determined that it could take up to 16 hours to complete the pre-work materials.
- Pass multiple choice pre-test with a minimum score of 80%. The questions are based on the pre-work readings. You may retake the pre-test as often as necessary to obtain a passing score.
- Attend a 2 ½ day on-site workshop where you can learn and network with peers.
- Pass a take-home multiple choice post-test with a minimum score of 80%. The questions are based on the on-site presentations and pre-work readings. Individuals who do not pass the post-test will be awarded the CPE hours but not the certificate. This test can only be taken ONE time.
Program Frequently Asked Questions
Type of Program
Who are the Faculty Members?
Who Developed the Certificate Program?
May 13-15, 2016
DoubleTree Hilton Hotel
Please click here to reserve a hotel room.
Registration Deadline: April 28, 2016*
June 10-12, 2016
Salt Lake City, Utah
Registration Deadline: May 26, 2016*
September 22-24, 2016
Registration Deadline: September 7, 2016*
October 13-15, 2016
Massachusetts Convention Center
Registration Deadline: September 28, 2016*
November 10-12, 2016
Long Beach, California
Registration to open June 1, 2016
Registration Fee: $370.00**
*A $50.00 late fee will be added after the registration deadline date.
To register for these programs:
- ONLINE REGISTRATION
- Download Brochure
- Call 1/800-877-1600 ext 4783
CDR has transitioned to a paperless on-site program. A paper copy of the program handouts will not be provided. Participants will be responsible for printing their own program handouts. Access to the program handouts including faculty PowerPoint presentations will be provided prior to the first day of the program. Learn More
**A $75.00 administration processing fee will be required for all cancellations and transfers. An additional fee may apply if the pre-work materials and pre-test have been completed.
Participation is limited. Please register by the publicized registration date for the program you wish to attend to secure a seat. Past certificate programs have been filled to capacity several days prior to the registration deadline. Written confirmation will be sent by e-mail.
Click here to review testimonials from participants.
As of November 2015, 13,603 participants have been awarded the Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management. Click here for a list of recipients.
For more information, please contact CDR by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800/877-1600, ext. 5500.
To order mailing labels of certificate recipients, please contact CDR at 1-800-877-1600, ext. 4839 or by email at email@example.com.
Adult Weight Management Self-study module
What if you can't attend the onsite program?
If you're unable to attend the 2 1/2 day program, complete the Adult Weight Management self-study module and receive 16 CPE hours. Click here to obtain information on the Adult Weight Management Self-Study Module.
Click here to view information on the Level 2 Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management program.
Click here to view information on the Certificate of Training in Childhood & Adolescent Weight Management program.
Return to Top