In order to maintain their credential, all RD and DTRs must pay a yearly registration maintenance fee: RDs: $70 and DTRs: $60.
This fee funds registration services for all registered professionals and is used to finance on-going CDR operations, new programs, products and services designed to enhance the skills, credibility and marketplace perception of the dietetics profession.
- Billing and Due Dates
- Late Fee Schedule
- How to Pay and ID Card
- New RDs and DTRs
- Termination of Registration
- Voluntary Termination
Fees can be paid online or by mail.
Newly credentialed practitioners receive their fee notice via email approximately 72 hours after passing the examination. After this email is received, the fee can be paid by signing into the MyCDR page, or by contacting CDR. Practitioners cannot be verified nor will they recieve a digital credential invitation until their initial fee payment is received.
*If payment of $270 for RDs or $260 for DTRs is not received by March 31, registered status is terminated.
All former RDs and DTRs who are dropped for non-payment (beginning in 2015), have two options to regain registered status:
- Successfully complete the Registration Examination for Dietitians or Dietetic Technicians
- Pay a $200 late fee for each year that registered status was terminated, and all past registration maintenance fees, as long as all recertification requirements are up-to-date and verified by CDR.
If you want to drop your registered status, you will need to notify CDR in writing (email@example.com or 120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2190 Chicago, IL 60606). Please include your CDR identification number and reason for dropping your credential, e.g.,
- Not Currently Practicing
- Employer Does Not Require Credential
- Formerly a DTR, became an RD