Advanced Practitioner Certification in Clinical Nutrition Eligibility Requirements
The updated eligibility requirements approved by CDR for the Advanced Practitioner Certification in Clinical Nutrition are as follows:
- Current RD* or RDN*
- Maintenance of RD* or RDN* status for four calendar years (from the application deadline date)
- Document 2,000 hours post RD* or RDN* of clinical nutrition practice within the past five years (from the application deadline date)
- Completion of one of the following professional experiences:
- graduate degree from a US-regionally accredited college or university, or foreign degree equivalent
- evidence of presenting practice topics, quality process improvement, research, etc., at a national, state, local or facility to a professional audience within the past five years (from the application deadline date)
- published a clinical nutrition research or non-research article in a peer reviewed professional journal; had a clinical nutrition book or book chapter published (not self-published); edited or reviewed a clinical nutrition peer reviewed professional journal article or book; published an article in a peer reviewed newsletter; or had a clinical nutrition abstract published in a peer reviewed journal within the past five years (from the application deadline date).
- specialist certification in a clinical nutrition-related topics. The specialist certifications must include the RD* or RDN* as a prerequisite qualification. Candidates must hold the specialist certification at the time of the examination.
*Please note the RDN and RD are two credential designation options for one certification program. Practitioners may choose to use one or the other. For more information, click here.