Certificate of Training in Obesity for Pediatrics and Adults
This comprehensive CDR® Certificate of Training in Obesity for Pediatrics and Adults course focuses on foundational concepts in weight management science and evidence-based practice to build knowledge, skills, and competence in pediatric and adult populations. The course
- Steps to Earn the Certificate of Training and 61 CPE Credits
- Additional Information
- Graduate Information
- Complete fifteen pre-work modules
- Fully participate in two-day in-person event for the October 2023 course or four-day live virtual event for the December 2023 course.
- Pass a post-assessment with 80% passing score
Certificate course registrants must fully participate in all course content on the scheduled dates and times to receive the certificate and CPE credit. Partial CPE credit will not be awarded. Please refer to the cancellation policy prior to registering.
Please note: The Certificate of Training in Obesity for Pediatrics and Adults (both virtual and in person) are certificate of training courses, not certification programs. Learn More.
October 2023 Live Program
Hyatt Regency Denver
650 15th Street
Denver, CO 80202
Post Test Deadline
September 27, 2023
Thursday, October 5
October 16, 2023
Live Event Time:
- 7:00am - 8:00am MT - Check-in and Breakfast
- 8:00am - 5:00pm MT - In-person Sessions each day
- Early Bird Tuition: $495 (credit card payments only). Tuition increases by $50 after August 30, 2023, 11:59 pm CT.
- Registration ends September 13, 2023 or when maximum capacity is reached. Capacity is limited to 250 participants.
December 2023 Certificate of Training in Obesity for Pediatrics and Adults
Post Test Deadline
November 27, 2023
Thursday, November 30
December 18, 2023
Live Event Time:
- 2-6p ET; 1-5pm CT; 12-4 pm MT; 11am-3pm PT Each day
- Early Bird Tuition: $495 (credit card payments only). Tuition increases by $50 after October 27, 2023, 11:59 pm CT.
- Registration ends November 10, 2023 or when maximum capacity is reached. Capacity is limited to 250 participants.
Please see Cancellation Policy below.
The vision for the Certificate of Training in Obesity for Pediatric and Adult Course is for participants to be able to:
Competently deliver weight management services that are patient-centered, evidence-based
Apply weight management competencies to a variety of settings
Engage clients where they live, work and play
Once the prework modules have been accessed, a refund will not be issued. CPE hours will be awarded for the prework modules and the live event. The tuition for these courses is non-transferrable to another course. A $75 administrative processing fee will be required if a registration is cancelled before accessing the prework modules.
CDR virtual courses are only open to all CDR credentialed practitioners --- RDNs/RDs, NDTRs/ DTRs and members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (Active, Student, International and Retired). Course Registrations will not be processed until eligibility requirements have been verified.
Click here for suggested competencies for the certificate of training course.
Future Certificate of Training Courses:
For future Certificate of Training in Obesity for Pediatrics and Adults, click here.
Click here to review the helpful Certificate of Training FAQ.
Verification of Completion:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the practitioner’s full name for verification of completion of CDR’s Certificate of Training.