Case Studies, Practice Tips, and Credentialing Tips
Case studies are tools for RDs/RDNs and DTRs/NDTRs to use for reference in regards to the scope of practice and quality nutrition and dietetics practice. Case studies include practice scenarios that provide guidance, resources and options that can be used to evaluate whether the RD/RDN or DTR/NDTR can safely and effectively provide care and services.
- Recommendations by RDN for Physical Activity Guidance
- Screening for Swallowing Difficulty by RDNs
- Initiating Orders for Nutrition-Related Laboratory Tests for RDNs Practicing in Hospital, Ambulatory and Private Practice Settings
- RDN to Write Independent Parenteral Nutrition (PN) /Enteral Nutrition (EN) Orders
- RDNs in Diabetes Education and Care Plan Management that Includes Medication Adjustments
Health and Wellness
- RDNs Delivering Telehealth Nutrition-Related Services in Hospital Outpatient Setting
- RDNs Delivering Telehealth Diabetes Care and Education-Related Services
- NDTRs Delivering Telehealth Nutrition-Related Services
Practice tips are tools for RDs/RDNs and DTRs/NDTRs to use for reference in regards to the scope of practice and quality nutrition and dietetics practice. Practice tips aid nutrition and dietetics practitioners in navigating their practice by providing resources and asking critical, thought-provoking questions.
- Considerations for the 'Non-Registered' Status Individual Practicing in the Nutrition and Dietetics Field
- Competence in Practice
- Delivery of Nutrition-Related Services Using Telehealth
- Legal Implications of Scope of Practice
- NDTRs and Autonomy
- RDN-NDTR Team — Steps to Preserve
- What is Meant by "Under the Supervision of the RDN?"
- When to Cosign
Nutrition Order Writing
- Hospital Regulation- Ordering Privileges for the RDN
- Implementation Steps- Ordering Privileges for the RDN
- Reform Requirements for RDNs and NDTRs in Long Term Care Facilities
Public/Population Health and Community Nutrition
Access Quality Improvement Practice Tips at https://www.eatrightpro.org/practice/quality-management/quality-improvement.
Credentialing tips are tools to use for reference on topics related to credentialing and use of the credential. Credentialing tips aid individuals by providing resources and asking critical, thought-provoking questions.