For practitioners who have completed their recertification requirements early, CDR has a process to allow CPE activities completed in the final 75 days of one's 5-year cycle to now be posted toward the practitioner's coming 5-year cycle. This head start program pertains exclusively to activities completed in the final 75 days of a practitioner’s current recertification cycle, only when all of the following criteria have been met:
- Practitioners must have successfully completed the CPEUs required for their current cycle (75 CPEUs for RDNs or RDs or 50 CPEUs for NDTRs or DTRs).
- Practitioners must submit their completed online Step 2: Activity Log for the current cycle no later than March 17 of the last year of their recertification cycle in order to be eligible for the CPEU Head Start.
- The CPEUs to be transferred must be attained during the last 75 days of the current recertification cycle (i.e., CPE activities must be completed between March 17 and May 31).
- The first CPEU to be transferred to the next cycle must be attained at least one day after the completion date of the last activity logged for the current cycle ending May 31.
- RDNs or RDs may transfer up to 15 CPEUs and NDTRs or DTRs may transfer up to 10 CPEUs earned during the last 75 days of their recertification cycle toward their next cycle, which begins June 1.
- A new Step 1: Learning Plan for the new cycle beginning June 1 needs to be submitted no later than 120 days after the completion date of the first activity to be transferred to the next recertification cycle.
- All CPEUs from a given activity must be transferred. CPEUs from one activity cannot be credited across multiple recertification cycles.