Newly Credentialed RDs & DTRs
Welcome, newly credentialed practitioner! Use the following resources to guide you through the recertification and maintenance of your credential.
In order to verify and retain your credential, you need to pay a yearly, registration maintenance fee. You will receive your first fee notice within 3 days of passing your exam. Subsequent fees are billed every June with an August 31st due date. You will not be able to verify your credential or access your digital credential until you have paid your initial fee. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics membership and their dues are separate and distinct from registration with CDR.
All RDs and DTRs must complete continuing education in order to maintain their credential. RDs need 75 credits and DTRs need 50 credits in their 5 year cycle (1 credit must be in ethics.) The Professional Development Portfolio (PDP), is designed to assist credentialed practitioners in planning for their professional development.
MyCDR is your personal landing page for managing your credential.
Your MyCDR page includes access to:
—Pay your fee
—Edit your profile
—Review your credential status
—Print a CDR Card
—Complete your PDP
- How to Use Your MyCDR Page
- Name Change Policy
Find resources to assist you in completing your PDP, determine if you need licensure in your state to practice, and learn how to verifying your credential online.
- How do I use my credential?
- How do I access my digital credential?
- How do I find CPE resources?
- How do I verify my credential online?
- How do I become licensed in my state?
- How do I file an appeal?
- How do I become a member of the Academy?
- What is the Code of Ethics?
- How do I obtain an NPI or EIN?
- How do I volunteer to become an item writer?