Registration Eligibility Processing System (REPS) - Frequently Asked Questions
Registration Eligibility Processing System (REPS) – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Why did CDR choose to transition from the Credentialing Registration Management System (CRMS) to the new Registration Eligibility Processing System (REPS)?
The new REPS system maximizes the use of technology enhancements, to streamline CDR registration eligibility processing procedures. With the new system, paper document submissions and the random audit process have been eliminated. In addition, Third-party payers and hospital system credentialing organizations require that CDR receive eligibility documents (including transcripts documenting degree completion) from a primary source. The new REPS system facilitates CDR compliance with this requirement.
- Can a class be started in REPS before the completion date of the program?
Yes. REPS allows for a future date to be entered as the class completion date so that program directors can initiate the Add Quick Candidate process and allow their graduates time to complete their demographic information. The class can only be submitted to CDR for final approval on or after the class completion date.
- What documents must program directors of Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) accredited programs upload in REPS along with their registration eligibility submissions?
- Official/Primary Source Transcript
- ACEND Verification Statement(s)
- RDNE and RDE or NDTRE and DTRE Misuse Form
- What types of transcripts are accepted?
Program directors must upload an official/primary source transcript which includes the date the degree was awarded/conferred/granted and reflects the highest degree earned from a US regionally accredited college or university1. An official transcript is one which comes directly from the degree granting institution to the ACEND accredited program director and is not marked as unofficial.
- If the graduate's degree is from outside the US, the program director must include a Foreign Degree Equivalency statement confirming the graduate's degree is equivalent to as least a bachelor's degree from a US regionally accredited college or university.
- Transcripts accessed by a program director through an institution's secure, electronic system may be used provided they are not marked as unofficial.
- Official Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Services (DICAS) transcripts may be used as long as these transcripts reflect the date the degree was awarded/conferred/granted and are not marked as unofficial.
- If a graduate has more than one degree, only the transcript reflecting the highest degree earned must be uploaded into REPS.
Alternatively, program directors may include a letter on University letterhead bearing the original signature of the Registrar or Dean of the College/University verifying completion of all degree requirements, including thesis, if applicable, payment of all administrative fees and the date the degree was conferred. A letter from any other individual is not acceptable.
Sample Letter from Registrar:
College/University Official Letterhead
Commission on Dietetic Registration
120 South Riverside Plaza
Chicago, Illinois 60606-6995
(Please use the date of graduation or a date after graduation)
Commission on Dietetic Registration:
Per the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) Registration eligibility processing requirements, I, Dean of the College of <insert college name>, verify the successful completion of all degree requirements and payment of all university administrative fees for dietetic intern, <graduating student’s/intern’s name>.
His/her Bachelor of Science degree was conferred on <enter date in format example: i.e., Saturday, May 7, 2016>.
Title: Dean of the College/University of _______________
- Why are transcripts required with REPS submissions?
Transcripts verify to CDR that graduates have completed all degree requirements.
- What types of Verification Statements are accepted?
a Program directors must upload all official, signed ACEND Verification Statements pertinent to their program type.
- The program completion date on DT, DPD and CP Verification Statements cannot pre-date the degree awarded/conferred/granted date listed on the official transcript.
- The date the Verification Statement is signed by the ACEND accredited program director must be on or following the program completion date.
- DICAS Verification Statements are not accepted. The DICAS version of this document is not official as the information does not come from a secure source.
- Why are Verification Statements required with REPS submissions?
Verification Statements verify to CDR that graduates have completed ACEND accredited program requirements.
1 Master's degree transcript is required for combined master's Dietetic Internships and Coordinated programs.